Succession (and Retirement) Planning
Satisfaction in life is determined by many factors, including:
- Meaningful work
- Economic and career success
- A loving family and friends
- Hobbies and outside interests
- Health and physical well-being
- Making a difference in our community, nation and world
- Major life transitions—such as the sale of a business, retirement, or the loss of health or a loved one—can unexpectedly undermine our personal enjoyment of life, leaving us feeling lost and adrift.
Retirement (Life Stage) Coaching or business succession planning is specifically designed to help successful individuals transition through significant life changes. Through specialized coaching, individuals can gain a greater sense of clarity, meaning and satisfaction than they possessed at any other phase of life.
Some key benefits of retirement coaching include:
- Identifying your “genius” (the core skill or ability that has been key to creating your success and providing you the greatest work satisfaction) and learning to apply your “genius” to your new situation.
- Creating an inspirational dream for your future and a realistic plan to fulfill it.
- Exploring the issue of “meaning” openly and candidly to better understand the drivers of meaning in your life and how to advance them into the future.
- Developing a vision of expanding the difference you are making in your community.
- Resolving relationship issues that almost always arise as a result in life transitions.
The coaching process is tailored to each person’s unique needs and situation. Typically, the program involves a three-month commitment and includes a combination of in-person meetings, phone sessions, readings and assignments.